Our family affects who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse. We learn our vocabulary, our habits, our customs and rituals, and how to view and observe the world around us.
Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- The unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds. If any of the above scenarios resonate with your family, consider seeking family therapy. Family therapy can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
A family session may consist of a child and parent, a couple, a blended, adopted, or biological family, or siblings. Whatever the case, Beacon of Light has the knowledge and experience to help you in defining, working toward, and ultimately reaching your goals regarding these interpersonal relationships.