Does it feel as if anxiety is taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I will do all that I can to help. While I have years of experience treating anxiety, I also remain up to date on the most effective forms of treatment on obtaining the relief from anxiety that you desire and deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to the use of anxiety medication alone – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Trouble sleeping
- Focusing on certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past,
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn methods of relaxation, ways of viewing situations in new ways, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.